A PERFECT WEEKEND GETAWAY
Been wanting to go on a inexpensive getaway near Metro Manila? Check Sierra Madre Lodge and Resort, 2 hours away from Metro Manila’s busy streets.
Located just within the highlands of Tanay, Rizal is the Sierra Madre Hotel and Resort, offers soothing breeze and the lush beauty of the highlands that will surely calm your mind and will help you pamper your body — away from Metro Manila’s air pollution.
Ever since we started working, me and my partner loves to have small escapades at least twice a month every weekend. Just like you, we are raping Google searching for “Weekend getaway near Metro Manila” – until we ended up with Tanay Rizal Resorts.
Sierra Madre caught our attention immediately due to its pocket friendly prices – one call – inquire – reserve – and all set!. We are ready to go!
HOW TO GET THERE:
Going to Sierra Madre Resort isn’t that hard whenever you are commuting what more if you have a car right? Getting there from QC is simple even without map.
- If you’ll visit there via Private Car,You can take Katipunan road heading towards Marcos Highway (58 km from katipunan to smhr). It’s just a straight route (no lefts, no rights, only curves)
- If you dont have a private car worry not! It is easy to go there via Public Utility Transportation too! – From Cogeo market, take Sampaloc-Tanay jeepney. Just inform the driver to drop you off Sierra Madre Resort. Transportation cost must be between P50-65per person and will take about an hour’s ride. Most jeepneys going back to Cogeo will only be until 6pm. Enjoy the view as you travel.
Worry not! Boredom will definitely not be on your way, view will overwhelm your eyes but Im pretty sure the cold wind will hypnotize you to be sleepy. 😉
|The view on the way to the resort.|
After an hour of jeepney ride, at last! we reached the Sierra Madre Resort.. I can say the the hour ride is nothing once you saw the place ❤ it was stunning!
|Stunning View Of The Resort ❤|
WHAT TO DO HERE:
The are so many things to do in Sierra Madre Resort – aside from the affordable lodging and iced cold swimming pools, you can also do hiking, horseback riding, shooting, zip line, picnic, camping, pre-nup shoot, which makes the place perfect for a team building or a wedding events place!
For day tour, you only have to pay Php 50.00 and Php 100.00 for a day camping. Lodging rates are not over Php 3000 (can be good for 2 to 8pax). Isnt it affordable? FOR UPDATED PRICE LISTkindly visit The Sierra Madre Resort Facebook Page Here.
|The Sierra Madre Resort Activities|
Okay, so just like so many other resort – Sierra Madre Resort has its PROs and CONs.
(This is all based on my personal experience.)
PROs & CONs
- The Sierra Madre Resort offers stunning scenery, perfect for nature lovers but not for a manila peeps indeed.
- It is 2 hours away from Metro Manila and yet it feels like you are in the middle of a province ( that feeling you know. **thumbs up)
- The activities that the resort offers is perfect for bonding as well as team building it is also a perfect place for a staycation but you should be prepare for a movie or a tv set of yours to enjoy your staycation.
- THE ROOMS: It offers clean rooms with private comfort room, good smelling bed sheets, and well lighted rooms, they offer blankets too but not thick enough to help you cope with the cold breeze of the mountains at night. so yes! I suggest you bring jacket or sweater or a warm hug is better 😉
- FOOD SERVICE: They cook good and you can request foods that you wanted.. When we visited here my partner even talked to them to surprise me with a romantic breakfast but please be aware that they offer a very limited food choices so I suggest you bring your own food just in case you crave for something.
- TRANSPORTATION: Going here is not hard but the only problem is that the time availability of the jeepneys going down back to the city is only until 3pm.
|My perfect surprise romantic breakfast :”) by My baby and Sierra Madre Management|
For more details, follow the links below.
The Sierra Madre Hotel and Resort
Address: Km 58 Marcos Hi-Way, Bgy. Mayagay, Tanay, Rizal
Contact Person: Miss Cha
Contact numbers: 9132001, 6974321 or 09087208234
Please check their updated rates in the websites below:
COPYRIGHTS (c) Info: iammissauthentic.blogspot.com is my old blog. 🙂 ^_^V